Thursday 25 July 2013

Thursday's Random Thought (Working "Up" or Working "Off" an Appetite)

We've all heard someone say “I've really worked up an appetite today!” but did you realize that the opposite is actually more accurate?

A good workout can reduce hunger pangs and cravings.  A new study out of Brigham Young University proves that women who exercised for 45 minutes in the morning had little desire for food after the workout.  The findings indicate exercise might change how “reward” networks in the brain react to the sight of food. 

As an added bonus, not only did morning cardio reduce hunger and cravings, it also increased each woman’s activity levels throughout the day.

Morning?  Argggh!   Not being a highly effective morning person this is not good news for me.  But the conundrum is that maybe if I did work out in the morning I could be a better morning person.

I have also heard conflicting reports on working out in the mornings … so I am going to take this one as interesting information and work out according to my own preferences.

However,



No comments:

Post a Comment